Monday, January 23, 2017

Unprepared

Parker was not prepared for class. Rather than spending some time doing reading and going in with a sense of confidence and a willingness to take risks in sharing insights, Parker consulted the 8 ball.

Parker: Will I be okay in class today even though I haven't done my homework?
8 Ball: Don't count on it.

Parker: (assuming a more thorough shaking of the 8 Ball would produce more accurate results) Should I be worried about class today since I haven't done my reading?
8 Ball: It is certain.

Parker: (now in complete panic mode and thinking maybe it was the phrasing of the question that threw off the 8 Ball from giving a good response) I shouldn't be worried about going to class today, right?!!
8 Ball: Reply hazy. Try again.

Parker: (now a little relieved, but still in pursuit of a clearer response) I should NOT be worried about going to class today, right?
8 Ball: Outlook not so good.

Parker threw the 8 Ball into the trash.

Note: Relying on the 8 Ball may not be the best way to get guidance for your academic career.

No comments:

Post a Comment